Thursday, July 29, 2010

Clouds

Clouds symbolize all the things we avoid, such as pain, grief, or rejection. Yet, clouds have a purpose.  Clouds are often the way that God reveals Himself to us. I read a reflection on clouds this morning which was so right!  Even though we usually dread clouds, God comes in the center of them. Even the disciples were afraid of being covered by a cloud, yet God was in the middle! (see Luke 9:34-35)I know I easily feel badly about myself when I'm in a cloud, like it's somehow my fault.  "I must be doing something wrong because I'm not happy."  But clouds come so we can see Jesus.  Let's face it: we tend to ignore God until we need Him.  Even Melissa admitted to the Lord that she was much faster at handing Him her wish list than she was at saying "Thank you."  We turn to God in our discomfort. When we do, we find that the closer we are to our Lord, the more our lives are full of His peace and joy, even in the midst of pain.  So, when clouds come into your life, remember they are meant to be. We all get swallowed up in clouds, even the closest disciples of Jesus!  And in the midst of the clouds, we just might find the treasure of the presence of God.  Wishing you blessings on a cloudy day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment