Saturday, December 4, 2010

Counting Our Blessings

It's a sad day in my life when Thanksgiving comes and goes and I neglect to write about that which gives our lives the most joy: gratitude!!  So let me tell you about my newest take on Thanksgiving. This year, we did a new version of going around the table and each person identifying something for which they are thankful.  This year, we focused on identifying those little things that we take for granted, but add so much comfort in our lives.  This year, we went by categories, which I had written down for myself in advance:  main dishes, desserts, beverages, things you buy in a drug store, electronics, means of transportation, entertainment, places, and a few more.  Rather than go around the table, I just asked "What's your favorite..."   We ended up with a long and happy discussion with people competing for "air time" to share their favorite thing.  We didn't even make it through all the categories.  Our lives are so amazingly rich with so many blessings, that we couldn't begin to make a dent!  I am convinced that focusing on the goodness embedded in our daily existence makes such a difference in our perspective and mood.  We need Thanksgiving all year long. So, keep counting your blessings, just as Melissa did!   Your reading this is a blessing to me! -

No comments:

Post a Comment