Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions are the topic of discussion this weekend. We crave new beginnings, a fresh start!  We want to forget our past mistakes and failures, charging into a new year with hopes of a better chance at success!  I have a big project ahead of me.  Something I am committed to doing, but fear that it will not turn out good enough.  I know the way to make my new year dreams and goals come true: team up with the Living God.  Plug into the Power Source.  Join the winning team.  I admit, the price is high.  I have to give up what I want to do and put God in the driver's seat. Of course, any goal that helps me be more physically or mentally healthy is automatically backed by my Creator who wants us to be all we can be--all we were meant to be-- all we were created to be!  God always has our best interest at heart, but only HE can see the road ahead to know which way to go.  Here's the cool part: He will take us on the best adventure of our lives, and guarantee us success!  As long as I am are following Jesus, I cannot fail!  Miracles happen when we follow God's leading: (See Acts 12).  Melissa knew the power of following God, and prayed for His help to do so continually (See Melissa's Prayer Journal ). Melissa also felt the blessings of God's arms around her every time she prayed!  So, this year, I'm putting prayer on the top of my New Year Resolution list.  I'm joining the A team & putting God first in my life.  I'm going to post this verse in my kitchen: Joshua 1:7-9.  I will tackle this project, and hang on tight to Jesus. Amen!    

No comments:

Post a Comment