Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fear or Faith

I have been challenged with an overwhelming task: writing a book.  I did this to myself, mind you.  I deliberately took time off of my usual job to write a book.  It sounded like a good idea at the time, until I sat down and looked at that blank screen. Then I wanted to shoot myself!! What made me think I could write a book?  Had I lost my mind??  Fear paralyzed me.  So I threw myself at the mercy of God.  He sent me comfort and direction in a sermon, a phone call from a friend, and my dear husband.  I started writing, still racked with insecurity, but I just started.   Two weeks later, I was done.  The entire book was completed in it's first draft.  I can't begin to tell you how relieved I felt!   The Lord answered my prayer, but first I had to sit down and take the first steps, even though I was still afraid.  I just started writing in faith that He would give me words. And He did! We have to take the first steps on our own.  When Jesus healed people, he told them to first do something- "Get up".  The healing happened when the sick obeyed Jesus with their first movement.  We have to respond to God by following His words, surrendering to His will, doing what we know we are suppose to do!  The difference between living a life of fear or faith is choosing to follow Jesus- wherever He leads.  The miracles will just happen.  Melissa knew better than anyone taking steps of faith when life is uncertain.  That's why prayer was her constant companion, the most effective way to stay calm and feel God's peace.  May you live this week with the eyes of faith, taking each step with Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment