Saturday, June 25, 2011

Miracles

I keep a journal of miracles, little things that go beyond coincidence, also called "signs".  I began this journal shortly after Melissa went to heaven, when I noticed so many wonderful signs giving me comfort, like the Mylar balloons sending us messages. But yesterday, I've been struck by a bigger miracle: the miracle of God's presence inside of us!  I know that sounds so corny, but I've been listening to sermons by Ray Stedman on "Basic Needs". He emphasizes that the basic message of Christianity is not just forgiveness, but God living inside of us as we accept Jesus.  Think about this for a minute.  God actually wants to enter into us and be a part of US!  Is anything more valuable than the divine?  We are part-takers of a divine nature by God's grace.  I think this is the miracle Melissa kept telling her friends and everyone who would listen:  God LOVES YOU!!  She just wanted to shout it from roof-tops, because God's love was so very real to her.  God's presence living inside of her, not because she deserved it, but because she just turned to Him in her need. When she talked about "the miracles of God's love," she really meant that phrase, even though we have heard it so many times we no longer realize the power.  So, I'm certainly inadequate to express it any better than my Princess.  I just encourage you to look for those little "more than coincidence" signs in you. Remember that the signs are tiny clues to the greater truth that the Holy God of the Universe loves you more than you can begin to comprehend, and is ready to really be a part of your life, as you invite Him in!  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment