Friday, June 8, 2012

One Minute

I was avoiding God yesterday.  I actually do that quite often, but rarely admit to myself that I am neglecting the Creator and my Savior.  I just make other things more important.  Fortunately for me, the Holy Spirit got through to my brain, and I picked up one of my favorite devotionals, My Utmost for His Highest.  In this short message, I was challenged to take one minute out of an hour to focus on Jesus, and doing so would give me power to do His will.  One minute!  And it's true!  God is so forgiving, so gracious, so eager to meet with us, that even if we just shove Him into one small minute, He is there to strengthen, encourage, and love us.  Awesome.  So, I'm trying to work on that avoidance tendency and fit a 30 second prayer into my day.  I need reminders!  Melissa had a Bible verse posted on her mirror, which is just what I need: visual reminders.  I also need routine!  Prayer with my first cup of tea in the morning.  Prayer as I climb into bed at night.  Living with Jesus has to be part of my daily routine, like brushing my teeth, which is another great time to pray (silently, of course, or the toothpaste gets all over). I feel more happy just thinking about it- taking Jesus with me today.  Hope you have a good day with the Lord at your side, too.  Blessings - JBM

No comments:

Post a Comment