Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Focusing

'Tis the season of busyness, when try as I might to be spiritually focused, my mind races over my to-do list, even as I lie in bed trying to sleep.  Changing jobs in January has only added to my anxiety.  I remember the words of a dear friend several years ago: "Everyone needs a half hour with God every day, unless you are really, really busy,......  then you need an hour."  Truer words were never spoken!  I had begun to use an Advent devotional book over breakfast to help calm and focus me, one that Melissa had used.  Then a friend gave me two more Advent devotionals as a gift. Now there's a message from heaven if ever I saw one!  I now have three devotionals to read over breakfast, stopping my ruminating and focusing on the miracle of God bursting into our human history to save us from ourselves.  So, each day, I will remind myself three times that God waits to burst into my life with miracles, I only have to invite Him in...  Blessings to you this Advent season! - JBM

No comments:

Post a Comment