Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lists

I'm really good at making "to do" lists.  I make one almost every day.   I rarely accomplish all that I want to on that day, so the lists linger into the next day.  I rarely make lists of all the good things in my life, unless I discipline myself to do so. On the contrary, I so easily fall into ruminating about problems or a rude remark or a harsh word, allowing it to dwell in my mind like a slow poison seeping through my consciousness.  Melissa did just the opposite!  Even with big problems in her life, she made a point of  thanking God for all the blessings of the day. In her prayer journal, she would first bring a problem to God, and then turn to thanksgiving, filling her thoughts with all the good things in her life.  I'm trying to follow Melissa's example. When I find myself focusing on the negative, I pull out my gratitude journal and make a list of all the things for which I have to be thankful. It never fails to put me in the right mood and mindset.  Today, among many other things, I am grateful to you for reading this!  God bless!  Melissa's Lists

No comments:

Post a Comment