Sunday, April 4, 2010

Friends

Easter Sunday: our home is filled with the laughter and affection of dear friends.  I would have felt lonely without them, but with their lovely gifts, bright smiles and fun jokes, I was happy to be so blessed!   Melissa knew that friends and family are what really count.  Although Melissa was very responsible with her work, her life revolved around people important to her -- making them laugh or showing them love. I am such a driven task-master to myself, as if my life depended on finishing my to-do list, that I sometimes neglect important relationships.  Some people live life as though "the one with the most toys wins."  I often live life as if "the one with the most finished projects wins."  But really, all that counts is showing others we care, doing things for others to provide for them, to honor them, to nurture them, or to love them.  We can focus on others in a million different ways, but the focus is the same.  Loving other is what Jesus did- coming for us, dying for us, rising for us.  So I will continue to stay connected with Jesus, and allow His mind to focus me more on Him, more on others, and more secure in His provision for me.  Maybe a few minutes each day with the Risen Lord to reflect on the blessings of all the precious folks in my life will help me be a little less task-driven, and a little more like Christ. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment