Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Surprises

I encountered several surprises last week.  Some were wonderful, and some were awful.  A few surprises were those sickening disappointments in people whom you trusted. Jesus taught that people will always let us down, that's why we must put our faith and trust in God.  Something inside of me finds it so much easier to trust that friendly smile looking at me than my Heavenly Father whom I have to work (pray) to contact.  It's a continual struggle to rely on the Lord, not on others around me, to be filled emotionally by prayer, not only hugs & smiles.  However, the more I rely on the real source of strength, the more I can serve my God and my fellow humanity.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."  (Proverbs 3:5).  I have only to look at the scriptures Melissa used for strength in her prayer journal  to feel strengthened and encouraged!  Thank you, Princess, for showing us the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment