Sunday, January 26, 2014

Focus

It's 6 am on a Sunday morning, the Lord's day, the Sabbath, the day of rest.  I can't sleep because my work is swirling uncontrollably in my mind: too much to do and not enough time. I open my computer, and my home page flashes Matthew 6:30: "If God so clothes the grass of the field,... will He not much more so clothe you?"   The Author  continues to challenge me to focus on Jesus: receiving His Spirit, relying on Him, and obeying Him as the path to peace.  I especially related to the phrase "cluttered our minds with worries."   Melissa  once said, "prayer is the only cure for a worried heart."  I am again amazed at God's grace to give me JUST the message I need at JUST the moment I need it!  The clear task for today is to breath the Holy Spirit.  Pray without ceasing!  Clean the clutter of worry out of my mind and replace it with assurance that God will give me all I need to do the tasks HE has for me to do. Praise our gracious God!! - Blessings ~ JBM

No comments:

Post a Comment