Monday, September 17, 2012

Transitions

Transition is painful.  Change is hard.  We quickly get used to things they way they are and only discomfort will prompt us to make a move.  Fall is a season of transitions, which always make me more anxious. My security gets shaken by change.  I unconsiously worry about my ability to handle new situations.  Melissa had the answer to feeling so threatened: "Lord, let me gaze upon you as I glance at my circumstances." (Melissa's Prayer Journal, p.62.)  I have an index card posted on my kitchen cabinet with a Bible verse: "Set your mind on the things above, not on the things on earth."  (Col 3:2).  Melissa knew that the more we place our security in God's provision and love for us, the less rattled we will be by the white water churning under our feet!  I need a lot of reminders to channel my thoughts in the right direction, but remembering ALL the ways God has provided in the past and continues to bless me every day, helps to really calm me down. So, if you have some threatening clouds over your head or waves crashing around you, keep your eyes on Jesus. Blessings always- JBM   

No comments:

Post a Comment